Sunday, August 3, 2008

Leo - The high blood pressure cure!

James has had high blood pressure from the pain. I brought Leo (his bulldog/service dog) to the hospital today and ever since he has been here James' blood pressure has been lower, and closer to normal. It's really cool!

We have been really impressed with all the corpsman, they are usually on top of the things they are in charge of. Unfortunately the nursing staff has been difficult. James feels like he has to stay on top of his pain medication because they don't bring it in when it is time. Really, that is the hardest thing.

He is also having a hard time sleeping because the neck muscles are sore and he has a very hard time getting comfortable. It will get better as he heals.

Jim & Margaret (my brother in law's parents) came in to see us today. It was very nice to see them. We also go to see Randy McHaffey (a friend of James from the wounded warrior btn.) and Aqua. (another friend from Italy who now works here at the hospital.

We'll be back tomorrow. James is still receiving morphine so we expect to be here until at least Tuesday. Thank you again for everything!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber & James, So glad to here James is doing so well and that he got to spend time with Leo. Theron wishes he got to spend time with Leo as well :) Here's to a quick and speedy recovery. Love you guys!!!
-Val, Terry & Theron

Andrea B said...

James, I am was surprised how well you were when I saw you on Saturday... you are a miracle kid. And I am not surprised that Leo got your blood pressure down - he is truly more than a dog :-)

I wish I could come see you again, but with my dad in town it is a little challenging.

Cinci just told me that you showed one of the medical staff how to place a proper IV... I am not surprise!!!

I hope you can get off the morphine soon, so that you can go home.

Best wishes and much love,
Andrea

Sarah J. Tharp said...

Glad to hear James is doing alright? How are you doing?

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your support and caring,it have made things much eazyer for me to have you all behind me. God bless you all.
James

HungryandThirsty said...

That is so cool! I am going to stop by after work... will Leo be there?
Should I bring dinner?